Tomato maybe a daily essential vegetable .It’s very easy to Plant tomatoes as it can be cultivated in a short time. We will cultivate in abandoned places round the house and on the roof or balcony of the house. We will get good results by planting tomatoes in summer weather or we will plant tomatoes in late winter but it’s better to plant tomatoes in spring Must know how to grow tomatoes from seed. In this article we will know “How to plant tomato seeds outdoors”
Table of Contents
- 1 Prepare Organic tomato seeds :
- 2 Prepare the containers for tomato planting:
- 3 Seeds and outdoors seedbed soil purification:
- 4 Soil purification To plant tomato seeds:
Prepare Organic tomato seeds :
Tomato cultivation depends on its quality, so it is necessary to collect good seeds of tomato. We can collect seeds from a ripe tomato.
- Good variety tomato seeds should be collected so that production will much better.
- Seeds can be collected from tomatoes purchased from the market, but it is important to see that the seeds inside the tomatoes maintain the correct quality.
- Collect seeds from tomatoes and dry them lightly so that insects do not breed and as a result the quality is good.
- Dried seeds should be packed in a pot or polythene so that air does not enter, but when planted in time, this is not necessary.
Prepare the containers for tomato planting:
Pot: just in case of seed planting, a plastic pot will be cut in half or planted in a pot ensure that it doesn’t have any quite intersection it’ll not embark of the pot after irrigating the water inside. Although it’s a square or round shape or form, there’s no problem.
Container: Any of twelve holders works. Pads are exemplary, yet don’t seem to be needed. Egg containers end up great, however they’re rapidly grown out of. Some landscapers utilize cardboard milk or squeeze compartments (washed, obviously). Cut them down and poke a pair of seepage holes within the lower a part of each.
Soil: Beginning from seed needn’t be expensive, however it merits putting resources into an honest preparing blend, as hostile to utilizing garden soil, which might contain weeds and bug bugs. It additionally will in generally be less compacted, which suggests that youthful, weak roots need strive to clear their path through it. A gardening soil that contains peat greenery will help hold water during the germination stage.
Seeds and outdoors seedbed soil purification:
Tomatoes are cultivated by making seedlings. For this, seedlings need to be sown within the seedbed and seedlings should be made there. Achieve tomato cultivation, the purchased seeds or the seeds kept at home must be refined first.
- If possible, germination test should be done before sowing within the seedbed. Once sown, if the seeds don’t germinate in the seedbed or if they germinate less or if the sprouted seedlings get diseased, there’ll be damage.
- Germs are often hidden within the seeds. Diseases like early blight or early blight, mosaic virus, fungal infections, etc. could also be present within the seed. After being thrown into the bottom, the pathogens become active by getting water. As a result the seedlings die. In some cases, the soil within the seedbed may additionally contain some pathogens. Like seedling decay or damping off disease germs. These pathogens also can attack the seedlings. That’s why it’s better to purify the soil under the seedbed.
Soil purification To plant tomato seeds:
- Seeds is purified in several ways. It’s easy to purify the seeds by soaking them in plight. Soaking tomato seeds in warm water at 500 C for half-hour kills the bacteria and fungi that hold close or inside the seeds. Then the soaked seeds should be picked up, dried within the shade and sown.
- Seeds may also be purified with some plant sap. This may also be through with garlic juice. Seeds also can be treated with fungicides. If the soil under the seedbed is cultivated and covered with organic manure and covered with polythene for 2 weeks, many germs within the soil are killed by warmth of the sun and therefore the soil within the seedbed is purified. If there’s no time, spread wood powder 3 inches thick on the soil of the seedbed and if it’s assault fire, the disease are destroyed therein heat. How to plant tomato seeds outdoors
Tomato Seeds planting:
Tomatoes may also be grown by sowing seeds directly on the land. However, a decent yield quickly, seedlings should be prepared separately and planted the land. The soil should be loosened and seeds should be sown 3-4 inches deep within the soil. Confirm that the seedbed dry out because if there’s no sap within the soil, the seed won’t germinate. During this case light irrigation should incline after 2-3 days in order that the seed germination are active so there’ll be no obstacle within the growth of seedlings. It takes 7-14 days for seedlings to germinate from seed.
Care of newborn seedlings outdoors
After germination of seedlings from seed then care is immense. Usually after the seedlings grow, the danger of insect and spider infestation is high then the seedlings must be taken care of. Then if any reasonable of weed grows in the seed bed, it’s harmful for the seedlings because they absorb the last quality of the soil and as a result the seedlings get infected. After 10-15 days of germination of seedlings, if the surface of the soil is weeded, the nutritional value of the soil is sweet.
fertilizer application method
Half of dung manure and everyone TSP manure should be sprinkled on the land at the time of last cultivation. The remaining dung should be applied to the opening before planting. Urea and MOP should be applied in two equal installments in the 3rd week and 5th week after lateral pruning. Just In case of deficiency, gypsum, zinc sulfate, boric acid powder and magnesium sulfate fertilizers should even be applied.
Transfer the seedlings outdoors
Exactly when the seedlings have built up their second develops of genuine leaves, it’s a perfect opportunity to relocate or thin them. Pick a cool or cloudy day. On the off chance that you don’t require numerous plants, you can thin them set up: simply squeeze or clip off the abundance seedlings, leaving the excess ones divided around 2 inches separated. Prior to being planted into the nursery, transfers ought to be “solidified off” outside in a shielded region: 7 to 10 days prior to relocating, set the seedlings outside in dappled shade that is shielded from wind for a couple of hours every day, bit by bit expanding their openness to full sun and blustery conditions.
Interim care(How to plant tomato seeds outdoors)
‘A’ shaped bamboo poles with dead leaf pruning is a much needed work for tomato plants. Irrigation can also be given if necessary. If virus disease occurs, the tree should be removed. Appropriate measures should be taken to cure other diseases. Even if insects appear, the right measures must be taken.